One thing about self-publishing, there seems to be more ideas, projects, works-in-progress, than there is time to do them all. It keeps things interesting, and at times overwhelming, but always interesting and never boring. I really wish I could do this full time! One day, one day, my dream will come true!
Here’s some ideas percolating through my noggin at the moment:
- Doing reviews. But doing them a little differently. Most reviews talk about the book and also gives a rating. This is very important and I would definitely keep that element. I know how valuable this is to the author and I want to help as much as I can. Here’s my twist, I also want to offer up a valuable lesson in the review. Like what I took away from the book, a quick tip from the book that I can share as a lesson or maybe even what I’m going to do with the information I’ve just learned… I could be a guinea-pig of sorts My focus for this would be non-fiction materials on writing, marketing, and other books that would be helpful in self-publishing.
- Creating a separate website for 12 Angels Publishing. This one has been bugging me lately. It’ll be another site to maintain, but it seems like the right thing to do where I can really highlight the books and authors.
- Creating products or swags for the books, authors, and 12 Angels Publishing.
- Adding to my non-fiction titles. I’ve been laggin’ on this and I need to get busy finding a topic that’s meaningful to me and something I hope would be useful to a readership.
- Creating a list of providers that I’ve found for book covers, art work, etc. I don’t have too many yet, but the ones I have worked with, have delivered consistent, high quality results. They’re professional and responsive and always so easy to work with.
- Offering more free downloads.
- Creating more book trailers.
- I want to learn photo editing too. This will be a future thing, but how cool would it be, if I could create my own graphics?
What do you think? Would you be interested in any of these things?
Thanks for coming by!